Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Take these broken wings...

Kyrie eleison. Take these broken wings and let them fly again…

Michael, son of Arthur, do you love me more than these – these other things that clutter up your life and take you away from me? Yes, Jesus, you know everything – all the details of all this rubbish that clutters up my life. And you know that I love you, that I love you more than I love this junk. Then lead my people in the Bible translation movement; let the peoples know that I love them, that I have compassion on them, that I forgive them. Follow me. So Lord, take these broken wings – my broken strength, my broken vision, my broken imagination, my misuse of time and resources – and let me fly again, on the wind which is your breath, your spirit. Like the red kite soaring on the currents. Take my fish (which I can only catch when directed by you), add them to your fish, and let’s have breakfast together. Free to soar, free to serve, free to free others.

No comments: