Thursday, September 14, 2006

Be authentic!

Dream? Vision? Who can tell? Well, not every dream is a vision, and not every vision is a dream. But a dream can be a vision and a vision can be a dream. And I firmly believe my dream was a vision. For starters, I woke up with it clearly and vividly in my mind, with a clear awareness that God had spoken to me. And so I wrote it down right away. We know that God does speak through dreams. We find it in the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, and in Christian history. In the modern era it is particularly noticable amongst Muslims, whom God may speak to directly, through a dream.

But back to my vision. I was on a training course that week. And it began with devotions. We were randomly divided into groups. The subject was stones. My group was given Genesis 28.10-22 where God speaks to Jacob vividly in a dream and sets up a stone to commemorate the fact. That was confirmation no.1. Confirmation no.2 was this: the topic of the training course was training to be trainers, and we were put into pairs to write training modules on topics of our own choice. My partner's topic was "Being authentic." We made the Gil Bailie quote a central part of that module. (By the way, I've no idea who Gil Bailie is. I found the quote in John Eldredge's "Wild at Heart" - great book!) A key component of being set free is being set free to be yourself. And so to me this module topic that I kind of got landed with was a second confirmation that the vision was a vision.

What happened next? More tomorrow! Michael

No comments: