Thursday, September 21, 2006

Jesus, be the centre

Hi there! Aplogies to all my faithful followers that I didn't post anything last night. My ISP was down. Just come home now from a Grieg concert. Rousing, passionate stuff.

I feel as though I’m on the edge of something big, something important, something exciting, mind-blowing, life-changing. To live one’s life oriented around Jesus, the centre.

Jesus is the centre. All mankind is around him, some close, some far away. Imagine him as the light – don’t need to imagine, He is the Light. And his radiance goes out to the ends of the earth, “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never mastered it.” What is important isn’t how close you are to the Light. That is not your fault (as it were). What is important is which way you are facing. Are you looking to the Centre or are you looking away? Looking toward the Light or into the darkness? And more than looking: which way are you moving? Jesus is the Centre. He is the One. He is the one around which all revolves, all must revolve, I must revolve, to whom I must be looking. Am I drawing closer to him, getting further into the Light, or am I moving away from him? That is what is vital.

A journey, not a position.

“Jesus be the centre” must be the key to experiencing God’s freedom, and then setting others free to experience his freedom. Even now, it’s only as much as I put Jesus at the centre that I am able to experience freedom and help others do the same.

Authenticity.


All for now! Michael

No comments: